UK: Former SABMiller CEO Graham Mackay dies
SABMiller's Graham Mackay, who died this morning
SABMiller has announced that its chairman and former CEO, Graham Mackay, has died.
Mackay, who was 64, underwent sugery for a brain tumour in April this year, but returned to the chairman's role in September after initially recovering. However, he suffered a relapse last month and stepped down from the role again.
At the time of Mackay's original diagnosis Alan Clark was fast-tracked into the CEO role, bringing forward a planned succession.
In a statement today (18 December), SABMiller said Mackay “died peacefully this morning, with his family at his side".
John Manser, who has replaced Mackay as chairman with immediate effect, said: “Our thoughts and prayers are with Graham’s wife and family. Graham was one of the most inspirational and successful leaders in international business by any measure.
"Everyone in the SABMiller family has been blessed by his vision, his loyalty, and his friendship during his 35 years with the group. He will be deeply missed.”
A permanent chairman to replace Manser will be appointed at a later date, SABMiller said, while Guy Elliott has been appointed as a senior director.
Beer in Colombia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains ...
It's not like we weren't warned. After all, it was only two weeks ago that SABMiller's CEO lauded the potential for soft drinks in emerging markets....
Yesterday, SABMiller, The Coca-Cola Co and Gutsche Family Investments - the owner of Coca-Cola Sabco - announced their intention to combine their bottling operations in east and southern Africa. Here,...
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends