UK: Former Majestic head joins Enotria
Tim How will be Enotria's deputy chairman
UK wine importer and distributor Enotria has recruited the former chief executive of wine retailer Majestic to its board of directors.
The company said late last week that Tim How will fill the newly-created position of deputy chairman on the board with immediate effect.
Prior to his retirement from the wine industry in 2008, How spent 19 years heading up Majestic. He is also the current chairman of UK trade body the Wine & Spirit Trade Association.
Speaking to just-drinks today (19 July), a spokesperson for the company said: “Enotria is a substantially bigger business today than it was three years ago and therefore merits an additional member on its board. Tim’s appointment strengthens our wine credentials at a senior level.”
Headquartered in London, Enotria was formed in 1972 and currently has annual sales in the region of 3.2m nine-litre cases.
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Will Remy come off worse in China Cognac recovery?
- Wines of the Beautiful South Ups its Game
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Bacardi-Martini appoints Southern Europe chief
- William Grant gives Sailor Jerry pack revamp