US: Former Fuze man joins Purple Beverage
A former executive at Fuze Beverage has joined Purple Beverage Company as vice president of operations and logistics.
Michael McKee, who had been director of procurement and inventory planning at Fuze, will be responsible for handling contract manufacturing, production planning and purchasing at Purple Beverage, the soft drinks company said today (11 June).
"Joining Purple Beverage is an exciting opportunity and challenge for me," said McKee. "Coming from a strong background in the beverage industry with various brands, I look forward to working for Purple Beverage during this time of intense growth. I am excited to create and implement new plans that will not only strengthen the brand, but will also help place Purple on every store shelf in the country."
Prior to his position with Fuze, McKee also worked at Unilever and Cadbury Schweppes, where he worked with beverage brands that included Snapple, Mistic, Yoo-hoo and Orangina.
"Michael's experience with Fuze and Snapple fits into Purple Beverage's business plan as we experience exponential growth," said Purple Beverage's founder and CEO, Ted Farnsworth. "Logistics is the backbone of any company and it is necessary to have top industry executives like Michael on our team to fortify Purple Beverage's operations as we continue to expand."
Fuze was acquired for an undisclosed sum in March last year by The Coca-Cola Co. Fuze continues to operate as a stand-alone entity of Coca-Cola.
Australia's drinks industry could be facing a few seismic shifts over the next few months....
Drought conditions have made the last few years tough for Australian wine producers. But while one might have expected the extended hot and dry conditions to be a fillip for the soft drinks sector, fi...
Dr Pepper Snapple has become the latest soft drinks firm to report trouble on the US market, with a decline in third quarter revenue, volumes and earnings....
Danone has agreed a deal to sell its Frucor Australasian drinks division to Japan's Suntory for more than EUR600m, the group has announced....
Dr Pepper Snapple Group has started construction of its production and distribution centre in California....
A first round of bidding has taken place for Danone's Frucor drinks division, according to reports....
Coca-Cola Amatil has said it is on-track to meet operating profit growth of 7% for its full-year, following a solid third quarter....
Cadbury has announced it plans to cut 250 jobs as part of a streamlining operation, but the group has remained silent on the disposal of its Australian soft drinks business....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts