Former Diageo executive becomes US MD for Lucas Bols
Lucas Bols has appointed a new MD for its US operations
Lucas Bols has poached an executive from Diageo to head up its operations in the US.
Daan de Kroon, who has spent the last 12 years with Diageo, has moved across to take the role of MD at the Lucas Bols USA division. De Kroon started with the Amsterdam-headquartered group at the beginning of the month.
Having joined Diageo in 2003, de Kroon held a variety of positions, including head of Red Stripe's international business and export director for the Ypioca cachaca brand, before being made country manager for Paraguay in 2014.
Lucas Bols' former MD in the US, Tal Nadari, has been promoted to commercial director of the Americas & Western Europe. Nadari had held the then-newly-created US post for eight years.
De Kroon will report in to Nadari.
Earlier this year, Lucas Bols posted a fall in sales for the 12 months to the end of March, with net profits coming in at EUR11.7m (US$13.3m).
The Netherlands Spirits market is led by the Whiskey category in both value and volume terms. The Whiskey category is also forecast to witness the fastest growth in both value and volume terms during ...
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Irish whisky exports forecast to double by 2020
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits