UK: Former Diageo exec to lead Blackwood
Shetlands-based company Blackwood Distillers has appointed a former Diageo executive as its chairman.
Tony Mair, most recently corporate affairs director at Diageo Great Britain, has been unveiled by the spirits group as its executive chairman with immediate effect. Mair will work with company founder and CEO Caroline Whitfield with a view to launching an IPO within the next three years.
He will replace Arthur Davies, who stepped down as chairman earlier this year.
"Tony Mair's appointment is fantastic news," said Whitfield yesterday (2 August). "He will be mainly focused on developing key international markets including duty free as well as responsibilities as board chair."
Mair added: "There is no question that there is growing space in our industry for original and innovating brands at premium prices."
Mair has spent ten years of his career as managing director of a succession of branded drinks businesses for GrandMet and Diageo in the UK, including MD of Diageo GB Brands. He has also been chairman of the Gin & Vodka Association.
In our first Just the Answer interview of 2007, Dean Best spoke with Nick Blacknell, brand director for Beefeater at Pernod Ricard subsidiary Chivas Brothers, about the company's ambitious re-launch o...
V&S Group has insisted it can do more to drive profits and boost the value of the business. The comments came after V&S chief executive Bengt Baron said the Swedish state-owned company is not yet "at ...
Bacardi has extended its range of flavoured Grey Goose vodkas with the launch of a pear variant in the US....
Diageo has averted industrial action at its Crown Royal distillery in Canada. Diageo North America reached an agreement with workers at the site in Gimli, Manitoba to avoid a strike scheduled for toda...
Diageo is set to make a concerted move into interactive marketing with the launch of its latest ad campaign for Guinness in the UK....
Independent Liquor has lined up a new chief executive to lead the New Zealand company following its sale to a private equity firm late last year....
The International Center for Alcohol Policies has appointed a chairman and vice-chairman....
Diageo has revealed the cost of its acquisition of a minority stake in Chinese spirits producer Sichuan Chengdu Quanxing Group Co....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- Boom time for soft drinks in West Europe?
- Patron's lesson for the broader spirits sector
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Rum "yet to maximise" GTR potential - Bacardi
- Leelex to open Portobello Road gin distillery
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Keurig Green Mountain in Hot Drinks (World)
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends