US: Former Diageo exec joins Heineken in trade marketing activation
Catherine Vieira becomes Heineken's senior director for trade marketing activation this week
The US division of Heineken has appointed Catherine Vieira to the post of senior director for trade marketing activation in the country.
Heineken USA confirmed earlier this week that Vieira will assume the role with immediate effect. When contacted by just-drinks yesterday (1 December), a spokesperson for the division said Vieira will replace Frank Polley, who has left the company to join Pernod Ricard in its wine division in the US.
As head of trade marketing activation, Vieira will lead the development of all channel strategies and retail marketing programmes for Heineken's US portfolio, and will report in to Kheri Tillman, VP of trade marketing and sales strategy.
She joins Heineken from consumer healthcare company Boehringer-Ingelheim, where she was director of trade marketing. She previously spent time at Diageo, where she was director of trade marketing for the on-premise channel.
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- Smirnoff Ice gets India launch