BERMUDA: Former Diageo exec becomes Bacardi chief commercial officer
Ron Anderson joins Bacardi on 1 August
The company said earlier today (12 July) that Ron Anderson, who stepped down as Diageo's chief customer officer last year, will become its chief commercial officer, head of global travel retail and senior VP from 1 August. Anderson, 56, will be charged with “enhancing sales force capabilities, commercial effectiveness and implementing more robust go-to-market programmes”, Bacardi said.
When contacted by just-drinks, a spokesperson for Bacardi said that the role of chief commercial officer builds on the VP of global sales position vacated by Robert Furniss-Roe last year. Furniss-Roe is now regional president of Bacardi's North American operations.
Mike Birch, who became MD of Bacardi's travel retail division earlier this year, will report in to Anderson.
Prior to his last role at Diageo, which he assumed in 2008, Anderson also led the global duty free unit. He also held the roles of executive VP of commercial strategy for Diageo North America and president of the south-east region.
Anderson will be based in Bacardi's headquarters in Bermuda and will report in to Bacardi’s president & CEO, Ed Shirley.
Last year, just-drinks travelled to the US to report on Diageo's investor conference. The subject of the presentations was the company's hopes and plans for the Latin America & Caribbean region. While...
This month, Ian Buxton takes a look at an idea that, should it come to fruition, will send shockwaves through the Scotch whisky industry. In Scotland, he notes, there seems to be water, water everywhe...
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Alcohol retailer group appoints new chairman