US: Former Coca-Cola Co president to quit board
Keough joined Coca-Cola in 1960
The Coca-Cola Co's former president & COO Donald Keough is to retire from the company's board at the age of 86.
Keough, who served as president & COO from 1981 to 1993, will not stand for re-election at Coca-Cola's annual shareholders meeting in April, the company said yesterday (21 February). Former Coca-Cola director James Williams, 79, will also retire from the board at the meeting, Coca-Cola said.
Keough joined Coca-Cola in 1960 when it acquired the company he worked for, Butter-Nut Coffee. During his tenure, Keough helped steer Coca-Cola through the “cola wars” of the 1980s, when soft drinks companies increased marketing spend in a fight for market share. Keough also served as head of The Coca-Cola Foods Division from 1971 to 1973.
Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent said: “Many of our current Coca-Cola leaders learned this business under Don, and I have personally benefited from his guidance, mentorship and friendship for more than 30 years.”
Earlier this month, Coca-Cola posted a strong set of full-year results despite continuing problems in Europe.
The Coca-Cola Co (TCCC) is the leading player in both soft drinks and in HW soft drinks. The company’s strength is based on its diversity of category presence from HW carbonates to RTD tea and bottled...
Consumption of fruit/vegetable juice declined in 2012 in both the off-trade and on-trade channels. Off-trade volume sales of fruit/vegetable juice fell by 5% in 2012; a third consecutive year of decli...
Cía Servicios de Bebidas Refrescantes, the local bottler of The Coca-Cola Co, has overcome difficulties derived from the economic recession to resist the constant pressure from private label, in most ...
Coca-Cola Co's chief executive Muhtar Kent has argued that the group's second quarter performance is an "anomaly" caused by a combination of uncontrollable factors and not a "systemic" issue. ...
Innocent Drinks Ltd is set to sell its remaining 42% stake to The Coca-Cola Co, with whom it first went into partnership in 2009. The objective is to gain a stronger presence within fruit/vegetable ju...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Heineken seeks "clarity" in Indonesia
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets