US: Former Coca-Cola Co president to quit board
Keough joined Coca-Cola in 1960
The Coca-Cola Co's former president & COO Donald Keough is to retire from the company's board at the age of 86.
Keough, who served as president & COO from 1981 to 1993, will not stand for re-election at Coca-Cola's annual shareholders meeting in April, the company said yesterday (21 February). Former Coca-Cola director James Williams, 79, will also retire from the board at the meeting, Coca-Cola said.
Keough joined Coca-Cola in 1960 when it acquired the company he worked for, Butter-Nut Coffee. During his tenure, Keough helped steer Coca-Cola through the “cola wars” of the 1980s, when soft drinks companies increased marketing spend in a fight for market share. Keough also served as head of The Coca-Cola Foods Division from 1971 to 1973.
Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent said: “Many of our current Coca-Cola leaders learned this business under Don, and I have personally benefited from his guidance, mentorship and friendship for more than 30 years.”
Earlier this month, Coca-Cola posted a strong set of full-year results despite continuing problems in Europe.
The Coca-Cola Co (TCCC) is the leading player in both soft drinks and in HW soft drinks. The company’s strength is based on its diversity of category presence from HW carbonates to RTD tea and bottled...
Consumption of fruit/vegetable juice declined in 2012 in both the off-trade and on-trade channels. Off-trade volume sales of fruit/vegetable juice fell by 5% in 2012; a third consecutive year of decli...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Nutrition Foods and Drinks in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports/Energy Foods, and Sports/Energy Drinks....
Coca-Cola Co's chief executive Muhtar Kent has argued that the group's second quarter performance is an "anomaly" caused by a combination of uncontrollable factors and not a "systemic" issue. ...
This report analyzes the Global market for Sports and Fitness Nutrition Supplements in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Amino Acids/Derivatives, Herbal Products, Prohormones, Vitamins/Mi...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- US spirits pricing went "a little high" - Diageo
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo H1 sales flatline as Q2 improves
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research