US: Former Brown-Forman CEO passes away
The former chairman and CEO of Brown-Forman, Owsley Brown II, has died.
Owsley Brown II, who retired from the company in 2007, passed away last night after a brief illness, Brown-Forman confirmed today (27 September). He was 69.
Having started his career in the family firm in 1968, Brown became CEO in 1993 and added the title of chairman two years later. He retired from the CEO role in 2005, as chairman in 2007, and from the board of directors in 2008.
“Owsley was a personal friend to so many of us across the world and we are all shocked and saddened by his premature death,” said Brown-Forman's CEO, Paul Varga. “His combined analytical and creative talents enabled him to be both a visionary and a practical steward of the company’s business. He generously shared these unique gifts to build Brown-Forman into the global success it is today and to establish long-lasting friendships throughout our industry.”
He is survived by his wife, Christy; three children, Owsley III (Victoire), Brooke Barzun (Matthew), and Augusta Holland (Gill); and nine grandchildren.
Reed's has secured distribution for its soft drinks brands in the western Michigan region....
Brown-Forman has recruited Jason Koval from the Starwood Hotels group to become its director of investor relations....
Brown-Forman has recruited Jason Cross as its sales promotion group manager in the US for its channel and customer marketing division....
- Winners & losers of AB InBev's SABMiller takeover
- Can Bacardi take its rum back to the party?
- ABInBev on the verge of SABMiller buy? - Comment
- What Trans-Pacific Partnership means for drinks
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Anheuser-Busch InBev wins SABMiller's hand
- A-B InBev raises SABMiller offer to GBP70.5bn
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- Beam Suntory CMO to stand down
- Ketel One co-owner now Bols' largest shareholder
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report