UK: Former Beam UK MD joins Cobra
Adrian McKeon, who earlier this month stood down from his post at Beam UK, will assume his new role at Cobra in August, the company said yesterday (12 June). Lord Karan Bilimoria, Cobra's founder, will vacate the position and move up to become executive chairman.
"I am pleased to have the opportunity to join Cobra Beer," Mckeon said, "to help push the company forward in the years to come, and to build upon the great work that Karan and the team have already achieved."
Lord Bilimoria added: "I greatly look forward to working with Adrian and to providing strategic guidance from the position of executive chairman. I have given this decision a great deal of thought, and will remain very active in the company and continue to dedicate myself to driving Cobra forward."
McKeon is set to leave Beam after two years as MD at the end of this month, to be replaced by Jonathan Stordy, who assumes responsibility for the UK and Ireland alongside his current position as managing director of Beam in Spain, Portugal and France.
Last September, Cobra lined up a GBP10m (US$19m) marketing campaign in the UK. The investment came two months after the company revealed it had raised GBP27.5m to fund expansion in key markets worldwide, which also include India, South Africa and the US.
In June last year, Adrian McKeon gave up his position as managing director of Beam UK to become CEO of Cobra Beer, the fast-growing Indian beer brand. Jessica Harvey spoke with McKeon about his first ...
Maxxium Worldwide has unveiled a new on-trade serving suggestion for its core range of spirits....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has appointed a new senior vice president of human resources....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has announced an addition to its 100 Años Tequila stable in the US....
Fortune Brands has said that the sale of its wine business to Constellation Brands will allow the company to focus on the "higher return premium spirits segment"....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has relaunched its company website following a redesign....
Maxxium Worldwide has reported record sales in its mid year results....
Beam Global UK has unveiled a new logo and packaging for the established Sherry brand Harveys....
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US