UK: Former Bacardi man joins Edrington's The Macallan
A new marketing manager for The Macallan at Edrington Group
The company, which also owns The Famous Grouse and Highland Park, said earlier today (7 August) that Jaume Ferràs Santín will assume the position. Ferràs Santin joins Edrington from Bacardi's Spanish unit, where he was marketing manager for Martini.
Prior to his five years with Bacardi, Ferràs Santín worked with Edrington as a brand manager for The Famous Grouse in Spain.
When contacted by just-drinks, a spokesperson for Edrington said that he replaces Francis Coulter at The Macallan. Coulter left Edrington last August after only four months in the role.
Ferràs Santín will be responsible for “developing the overall positioning of The Macallan, working with partners from around the world, and driving the creative development of the brand”, the company said.
While there has been huge focus in the spirits sector on emerging markets in recent years, a new report from Euromonitor International suggests prioritising development in these up-and-coming regions ...
Wherever it comes from, the prospects for whisk(e)y remain very bright indeed. But, while many producers are targeting the emerging markets, Yoanna Ilieva, alcoholic drinks analyst at Euromonitor Inte...
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- Smirnoff Ice gets India launch