UK: Former Bacardi man joins Edrington's The Macallan
A new marketing manager for The Macallan at Edrington Group
The company, which also owns The Famous Grouse and Highland Park, said earlier today (7 August) that Jaume Ferràs Santín will assume the position. Ferràs Santin joins Edrington from Bacardi's Spanish unit, where he was marketing manager for Martini.
Prior to his five years with Bacardi, Ferràs Santín worked with Edrington as a brand manager for The Famous Grouse in Spain.
When contacted by just-drinks, a spokesperson for Edrington said that he replaces Francis Coulter at The Macallan. Coulter left Edrington last August after only four months in the role.
Ferràs Santín will be responsible for “developing the overall positioning of The Macallan, working with partners from around the world, and driving the creative development of the brand”, the company said.
While there has been huge focus in the spirits sector on emerging markets in recent years, a new report from Euromonitor International suggests prioritising development in these up-and-coming regions ...
Wherever it comes from, the prospects for whisk(e)y remain very bright indeed. But, while many producers are targeting the emerging markets, Yoanna Ilieva, alcoholic drinks analyst at Euromonitor Inte...
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research