UK: Former Bacardi man joins Edrington's The Macallan
A new marketing manager for The Macallan at Edrington Group
The company, which also owns The Famous Grouse and Highland Park, said earlier today (7 August) that Jaume Ferràs Santín will assume the position. Ferràs Santin joins Edrington from Bacardi's Spanish unit, where he was marketing manager for Martini.
Prior to his five years with Bacardi, Ferràs Santín worked with Edrington as a brand manager for The Famous Grouse in Spain.
When contacted by just-drinks, a spokesperson for Edrington said that he replaces Francis Coulter at The Macallan. Coulter left Edrington last August after only four months in the role.
Ferràs Santín will be responsible for “developing the overall positioning of The Macallan, working with partners from around the world, and driving the creative development of the brand”, the company said.
While there has been huge focus in the spirits sector on emerging markets in recent years, a new report from Euromonitor International suggests prioritising development in these up-and-coming regions ...
Wherever it comes from, the prospects for whisk(e)y remain very bright indeed. But, while many producers are targeting the emerging markets, Yoanna Ilieva, alcoholic drinks analyst at Euromonitor Inte...
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Cognac is back - is Remy Cointreau ready?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World