UK: Former Bacardi man joins Edrington's The Macallan
A new marketing manager for The Macallan at Edrington Group
The company, which also owns The Famous Grouse and Highland Park, said earlier today (7 August) that Jaume Ferràs Santín will assume the position. Ferràs Santin joins Edrington from Bacardi's Spanish unit, where he was marketing manager for Martini.
Prior to his five years with Bacardi, Ferràs Santín worked with Edrington as a brand manager for The Famous Grouse in Spain.
When contacted by just-drinks, a spokesperson for Edrington said that he replaces Francis Coulter at The Macallan. Coulter left Edrington last August after only four months in the role.
Ferràs Santín will be responsible for “developing the overall positioning of The Macallan, working with partners from around the world, and driving the creative development of the brand”, the company said.
This is the second edition of our popular ranking of the world's leading spirits brands....
While there has been huge focus in the spirits sector on emerging markets in recent years, a new report from Euromonitor International suggests prioritising development in these up-and-coming regions ...
Wherever it comes from, the prospects for whisk(e)y remain very bright indeed. But, while many producers are targeting the emerging markets, Yoanna Ilieva, alcoholic drinks analyst at Euromonitor Inte...
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- NPD: The Craft Cocktail Revolution
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Interview - WoSA chief executive
- Suntory Holdings to split beer, spirits division
- Diageo's Smirnoff Sours
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints new AmBev CEO
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks