UK: Former Bacardi man joins Edrington's The Macallan
A new marketing manager for The Macallan at Edrington Group
The company, which also owns The Famous Grouse and Highland Park, said earlier today (7 August) that Jaume Ferràs Santín will assume the position. Ferràs Santin joins Edrington from Bacardi's Spanish unit, where he was marketing manager for Martini.
Prior to his five years with Bacardi, Ferràs Santín worked with Edrington as a brand manager for The Famous Grouse in Spain.
When contacted by just-drinks, a spokesperson for Edrington said that he replaces Francis Coulter at The Macallan. Coulter left Edrington last August after only four months in the role.
Ferràs Santín will be responsible for “developing the overall positioning of The Macallan, working with partners from around the world, and driving the creative development of the brand”, the company said.
While there has been huge focus in the spirits sector on emerging markets in recent years, a new report from Euromonitor International suggests prioritising development in these up-and-coming regions ...
Wherever it comes from, the prospects for whisk(e)y remain very bright indeed. But, while many producers are targeting the emerging markets, Yoanna Ilieva, alcoholic drinks analyst at Euromonitor Inte...
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Rekorderlig Deal Sees Molson Coors Miss Out
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Constellation Brands basks in beer glory
- Diageo ditches Shui Jing Fang plans in China
- MillerCoors changes CMOs with immediate effect
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Molson Coors acquires Rekorderlig UK rights
- William Grant partners Rugby World Cup