FRANCE: Former Bacardi exec to head Orangina Group
Orangina Group has announced the appointment of Luis Bach as its new CEO.
Bach succeeds Marie-Bernard Trannoy who has taken up the post of non-executive vice-president alongside the representatives of the group's private equity firm shareholders The Blackstone Group and Lion Capital.
Bach, 52 and a Spanish national, joins the company from Bacardi-Martini, where he was previously regional director for Northern Europe, Middle East and Africa. Bach had been with the company for 25 years, the company said today (30 January).
Orangina Group, which was acquired by Blackstone and Lion Capital in February 2006. employs more than 2,500 staff. Its brands include Orangina, Schweppes, Oasis, Trina, Pulco, Gini and Canada Dry.
It has survived the Iron Curtain, endured rationalisation in the global drinks industry and numerous changes in its distribution and even a feud with the Russian state, but Stolichnaya is still standi...
Bacardi-Martini has launched a GBP15m (US$30.1m) marketing campaign in the UK, linking Bacardi Superior Rum back to the creation of the original mojito cocktail....
Bacardi has confirmed two additions to its board of directors....
Brown-Forman has dissolved its European wine marketing team as part of a major restructuring....
The CEO of Russian Standard has left the company, just-drinks has learnt....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Remy Cointreau USA has appointed Xavier Desaulles as senior vice president - sales strategy. In this role, he will be charged with organising Remy Cointreau USA's wholesaler network and implementing t...
Bacardi has declined to comment on reports that it may be on the hunt for a new chief executive....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts