US: Former B-F man to head Oeneo Closures USA
Oeneo Closures USA has appointed a managing director.
The company, a subsidiary of Oeneo Bouchage, confirmed yesterday (29 March) that Michael Friedman will assume the position.
Friedman, a past vice president and general manager of the Fetzer Winery subsidiary of Brown-Forman, will manage operations for Oeneo Closures USA and oversee production, marketing, sales and distribution for the US, Canada and Mexico.
"We are glad to have Michael on board," said Dominique Tourneix, general manager of Oeneo Bouchage. "Sales of our breakthrough Diam line of closures, that virtually guarantees the absence of TCA, are growing exponentially. We look forward to building on this momentum with Michael at the helm of our North American operations."
Friedman, 49, added: "I am very enthusiastic about this opportunity. The wine industry is abuzz with excitement over the Diam line and I am thrilled to be a part of the team that is insuring the future of cork closures for wine."
Oeneo Closures USA., was founded in 1995 and is based in Napa, California.
While growth in Irish whiskey has been fostered by Pernod Ricard and latterly Diageo, the category's progress has also allowed independent producer Cooley Distillery to expand. In this month's just-dr...
Brown-Forman's Southern Comfort brand takes its New Orleans heritage very seriously, and in Phil Cusimano, appointed as global brand ambassador six months ago, now has a native New Orleaner as its pri...
The Indian spirits sector has undoubted growth potential, on the back of a growing economy, an expanding middle class and rising disposable income but international companies face many obstacles as th...
Double digit growth of the company's leading spirits brands helped Brown-Forman Corporation report record earnings for its full year....
Rémy Cointreau has confirmed that it is looking for new deals in readiness for its exit from Maxxium....
Brown-Forman has posted a lift in its first quarter results, thanks to a healthy performance internationally....
Brown-Forman has appointed Coe Vintners to be the exclusive distributor for its Tequila Herradura and el Jimador Tequila brands in the UK....
Brown Forman has launched a website for Southern Comfort consumers to gain and share nightlife experiences with friends and encourage a responsible drinking message....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Sustainability in Wine - Part II
- just the Ten - Top Analyses of 2014
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Coca-Cola Co promotes CEO's assistant to sales job
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018