AUS: Former Australian chief to leave Constellation
The former president of Constellation Brands' Australian wine unit is set to leave the company.
The US-based drinks giant confirmed yesterday (14 October) that staff at Constellation Wines Australia were informed last week that John Grant will be leaving the business. Grant had held the position for two-and-a-half years, before moving to become Constellation's president of regional estates in Australia earlier this year.
"Mr Grant has been recognised for championing premiumisation in the Constellation Wines Australia business, launching a range of innovative and strategic new products and implementing structural and operational improvements to boost the company's performance," the company said.
In June, the president of Constellation Europe, Troy Christensen, was appointed president of Constellation Wines Australia in addition to his current role.
No specific details regarding the reasons for Grant's departure, or where he is going to next, were immediately available.
Grant joined Constellation Wines Australia in early 2007 from California's Jackson Wine Estates.
Constellation Brands has said it will buy back US$300m-worth of shares....
Constellation Brands' European unit has said it is "disappointed" that a marketing agency has threatened it with legal action in the UK....
Foster's Group has appointed the ex-head of Constellation Wines in Australia, John Grant, as vice president of its California wine division....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages