UK: Former Allied controller sets up brand business
The former marketing controller for Allied Breweries is to set up a specialist brand development business for the UK drinks industry.
Brian Ress has formed the IF agency with Christian James, a former director of TBWA's BDH agency, who also worked at advertising companies J Walter Thompson and McCann Erickson in the UK and Australia.
Brian left Allied - now part of Carlsberg UK - as marketing controller in 1984 to set up PDP, which became the UK's largest independent sales promotion company.
"We're already talking to a number of operators, particularly from the retail, drinks and FMCG sectors," James said last week.
The IF agency, headquartered in Manchester, is working on the UK launch of an unnamed US beer brand.
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Drinks producer and distributor Todhunter International has said that its controlling shareholder, CL Financial, is interested in acquiring some of the brands of Allied Domecq that may become availabl...
Pernod Ricard has had its rating raised....
Allied Domecq has added a new flavour to its Malibu range. The company said yesterday that it would be launching Malibu Passion Fruit in the US from April 15....
Carlsberg Sverige is looking to introduce a lemon-flavoured beer to the Swedish market....
The US consumer goods group Fortune Brands has confirmed it is in talks about launching a joint bid with Pernod Ricard for Allied Domecq....
Fideuram Wargny has upgraded its rating of Pernod Ricard to 'buy' from 'hold'. Its analysts argue that the merger talks with Allied Domecq is a catalyst for share growth....
Pernod Ricard is looking to acquire Allied Domecq....
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Johnnie Walker Bourbon Cask & Rye Finish - NPD
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report