UK: Former AG Barr, William Grant & Sons FD moves to Edrington
Edrington's finance director will retire in June
Edrington has confirmed details of a switch of finance director.
Richard Hunter, who has held the position for the last 20 years, is set to retire in June, the company said earlier today (3 April). Replacing him will be Alex Short, who moves across from UK soft drinks producer AG Barr.
“I am delighted that Alex is joining Edrington,” said chief executive Ian Curle. “He brings a wealth of experience of financial directorship as well as knowledge of the drinks industry.
“I would also like to pay tribute to Richard Hunter for his service to the company since he joined in 1981,” Curle added. “Richard has been instrumental in the growth of Edrington, and his career has spanned the transformative integration of Highland Distillers and Brugal.
Late last year, Edrington announced plans to increase capacity at The Macallan Scotch whisky distillery in Speyside.
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Tesco pulls small carton-size Ribena, Rubicon, Cap
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research