UK: Former AG Barr, William Grant & Sons FD moves to Edrington
Edrington's finance director will retire in June
Edrington has confirmed details of a switch of finance director.
Richard Hunter, who has held the position for the last 20 years, is set to retire in June, the company said earlier today (3 April). Replacing him will be Alex Short, who moves across from UK soft drinks producer AG Barr.
“I am delighted that Alex is joining Edrington,” said chief executive Ian Curle. “He brings a wealth of experience of financial directorship as well as knowledge of the drinks industry.
“I would also like to pay tribute to Richard Hunter for his service to the company since he joined in 1981,” Curle added. “Richard has been instrumental in the growth of Edrington, and his career has spanned the transformative integration of Highland Distillers and Brugal.
Late last year, Edrington announced plans to increase capacity at The Macallan Scotch whisky distillery in Speyside.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China