MEXICO: Forex hits Coke FEMSA earnings
The weak Mexican dollar has hammered first-half profits at Coca-Cola FEMSA.
The company, the world's second-largest Coke bottler, saw net income slump over 21% to MXN1.6bn (US$x) for the first six months of the year.
Coke FEMSA, the largest Coke bottler in Latin America, said the fall in profits was "mainly due to the foreign exchange loss resulting from the depreciation of the Mexican peso against the US dollar".
Mexico's peso lost over 3% against the dollar during the second quarter, resulting in foreign exchange losses for Coke FEMSA, which produces Coke in nine Latin American countries, including Brazil and Argentina.
Nevertheless, revenues rose 5.8% during the first half of the year, while operating income rose 3.3% to MXN4.3bn.
"The strong top-line momentum of all of our operations offset higher raw-materials costs in the majority of our territories and the year-over-year depreciation of the peso in Mexico," said Carlos Salazar, Coke FEMSA CEO.
The Coca-Cola Co. is to relaunch Fanta in India as it looks to tap into growing demand for fruit carbonates in the south of the country....
The Coca-Cola Co. has decided to advertise during the Super Bowl for the first time in nine years....
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated has announced details of its next quarterly dividend....
The Coca-Cola Co. has insisted it is "business as usual" at the company after the US drinks giant decided to revamp its marketing, innovation and strategy units....
A unsigned, London-based ska band has secured an undisclosed fee from The Coca-Cola Co. after the US soft drinks giant used one of the group's music videos in a commercial without permission....
The former Coca-Cola employee at the centre of a conspiracy trial was angry with her employer and was behind the plan to steal and then sell on company secrets, a co-defendant has told a US court....
Coca-Cola Enterprises, the world's largest Coke bottler, could announce a swathe of job cuts in the US next month, according to local reports....
Coke bottler Coca-Cola (Japan) Co. is to recall over 130,000 bottles of soft drinks after rubber was found inside a bottle of Aquarius sports drink, according to local reports....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends