UK: Fordham & Dominion's cherry lager gets UK launch
Cherry Blossom Lager (left) will be launched in the UK from next month
A seasonal cherry-flavoured beer produced by US craft brewer Fordham & Dominion is being launched into the UK on-trade next month.
The 5.2% abv Cherry Blossom Lager, which is pink in colour, will be made available from mid-April, through import firm Heathwick. The beer, produced in Delaware, is made with Pale, Carafoam, Munich and Vienna malts, and Perle and Tradition hops.
It is being made available in 35.5cl bottles and 30-litre kegs to outlets, but with production limited to 500 barrels. Bottles will carry a RRP of GBP3.35 (US$5.60).
Graham Richardson, Heathwick’s general manager, said: “American craft brewers love to interpret traditional beer styles, and while Cherry Blossom Lager is a tribute to the cherry, or kriek beers which have been made in Europe for centuries, it also has a distinctive lightness of style which is all its own.”
The company will also distribute three other Fordham & Dominion beers from May: Fordham Wisteria Wheat; Dominion Beach House Pilsner and Dominion Gigi Farmhouse Ale.
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- SABMiller's Q1 Sales Performance by Region
- Are Big Spirits Companies Failing to Innovate?
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- just the Winners - IWSC Spirits Trophy Winners
- Suntory sells Louis Royer Cognac for US$110m
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research