US: For sale - Los Angeles, very good condition
Los Angeles is considering selling its naming rights. The west-coast city may open up tenders for an official drink, to make up a projected budget shortfall of US$250m next year.
The announcement follows New York's deal with Snapple last year, worth US$166m over five years to the city.
A City Council committee met to discuss the proposal on Tuesday. With over 400 vending machines in LA's parks and public buildings, the committee is looking at ways to get more money from the machines.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review