US: For sale - Los Angeles, very good condition
Los Angeles is considering selling its naming rights. The west-coast city may open up tenders for an official drink, to make up a projected budget shortfall of US$250m next year.
The announcement follows New York's deal with Snapple last year, worth US$166m over five years to the city.
A City Council committee met to discuss the proposal on Tuesday. With over 400 vending machines in LA's parks and public buildings, the committee is looking at ways to get more money from the machines.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Chilli targets beer with Rekorderlig Dry Apple
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014