AUSTRALIA: Food authority accused of being hypocritical
Australia's soft drink association (ASDA) has accused the Australia New Zealand Food Authority (ANZFA) of being "overly restrictive" in its proposal to rename energy drinks. In response to ANZFA's proposal to name the energy drinks category "Formulated Caffeinated Beverages" ASDA has argued that the use of "Energy Drinks" is the most appropriate name for the category and said: "Our consumers know these products as energy drinks and any new name would only create confusion."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- NPD: The Craft Cocktail Revolution
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Suntory Holdings to split beer, spirits division
- Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints new AmBev CEO
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Diageo's Smirnoff Sours