AUSTRALIA: Food authority accused of being hypocritical
Australia's soft drink association (ASDA) has accused the Australia New Zealand Food Authority (ANZFA) of being "overly restrictive" in its proposal to rename energy drinks. In response to ANZFA's proposal to name the energy drinks category "Formulated Caffeinated Beverages" ASDA has argued that the use of "Energy Drinks" is the most appropriate name for the category and said: "Our consumers know these products as energy drinks and any new name would only create confusion."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018