US: Folio unveils online wine locator
US wine importer Folio Fine Wine Partners has launched an online tool to help consumers and retailers locate wines from its portfolio.
The WineDriver, available at http://www.foliowine.com/buy_wines.html, allows consumers to enter the state in which they wish to purchase and the name of the Folio wine they are seeking. The tool will then advise on availability from a local wholesaler.
"We wanted to create a service on our website that helps consumers find any of our wines locally," said Michael Mondavi, founder of Folio Fine Wine Partners, yesterday (30 October).
"Often a consumer will try a new wine and then have difficulty finding that wine again - especially if they go back to their retailer or the wine is no longer available, and they can't remember the exact name to help the retailer. With The WineDriver, they now have all the information the retailer needs - including the distributor - to track down the wine more easily."
He added: "In addition to serving the consumers' needs, we're helping the retail trade deliver better customer service and build their consumer base - it is impossible for retailers to stay on top of the estimated 60,000 labels in the US market."
The Mondavi family founded Folio in 2004. Last week, the company added Spanish wines from Celler Vall Llach to its portfolio.
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends