SINGAPORE: F&N FY profit flat, sales up
Fraser & Neave has posted a relatively flat full-year net profit. The Singapore-based company said today (11 November) that group net profit for the year to 30 September came in at 2.6% up year-on-year at S$299.5m (US$175.9m) on revenues up by 23.9% to S$4.27bn from S$3.45bn.
Property sales in Singapore and growth in the group's food and beverage businesses were credited for the revenue increase.
On the soft drinks front, sales increased by 3% and, together with a price increase in the middle of the year to mitigate across-the-board increases in raw materials and packaging costs, revenue and PBIT (profit before interest and tax) were up by 7% and 4% respectively.
The group's breweries, meanwhile, boasted high sales revenues of S$1.72bn and PBIT of S$235m, an increase of 11% and 14% respectively over last year.
"Except for Thailand, with a marginally lower profit as a result of higher brand promotion costs, all regions performed better than last year," the company said. "In Singapore and Malaysia, despite declining sales, PBIT improved from effective cost management. Higher sales and price increases in Papua New Guinea and New Zealand, and a strong NZ$ exchange rate, led to significant improvement in PBIT. Strong double digit growth was recorded in sales and PBIT for Cambodia and Vietnam. In China, sales growth of more than 30% and profits from investments in Kingway Brewery Limited and Jiangsu DaFuHao Breweries Co. Ltd pared losses down significantly."
The company maintained a positive outlook for the future, with the directors expecting attributable profit before exceptional items in the new financial year to be higher than the year just ended.
A final dividend of S$0.35 per share was declared.
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Interview - Harviestoun Brewery MD Toby Knowles
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Guinness Nigeria sees YTD sales, profits tumble
- Bacardi recruits ex-News International exec
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends