US: Flavoured vodka on-trade sales dip as whiskies grab share - figures
Flavoured vodka sales have fallen in on-trade
Sales of flavoured vodka in the US on-trade have fallen 12% in the past 12 months, despite continued new entries to the category, latest figures reveal.
Tracking firm Restaurant Sciences said yesterday (19 November) that 46 flavoured vodkas were launched between Q3 2012 and 3 2013 in the US, but the overall category lost around 1% of its on-trade spirits market share in the period. The company said other flavoured spirits, such as whiskey, took the share.
Some “select brands”, including Grey Goose Cherry Noir and Smirnoff Cranberry, were still showing “excellent" sales growth, Restaurant Sciences added.
A Restaurant Sciences spokesperson told just-drinks the company does not release sales numbers to media.
The firm tracks around 170m drink orders in the US foodservice industry, along with around 600 flavoured vodka brands. It also tracks Canada, but the country is not included in the latest figures.
Absolut Citron, the flavoured vodka category leader, posted a 1.8% year-over-year sales decline in the 12 month period, Restaurant Sciences said. Stolichnaya and Three Olives were “down more than 20%”, it said.
A report last month said that the global vodka market grew by 0.3% last year, with sales under pressure in Eastern and Central Europe.
Cider/perry sales remain negligible in Uzbekistan due to a lack of awareness of such products and very limited demand....
After months of speculation, a buyer for Scotch whisky producer Whyte & Mackay finally emerged today (9 May). Philippines-based Emperador Inc has agreed to acquire the business from Diageo-controlled ...
RTDs/high-strength premixes sales are negligible in Uzbekistan....
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research