CYPRUS: FIX expands Cutty Sark distribution deal
Cutty Sark now has one distributor across the whole of the MENA and Gulf region
FIX Wines & Spirits is expanding its current marketing and distribution deal with the Cutty Sark whisky brand to include the Gulf region.
From July 6, the Cyprus-based sales and distribution company will exclusively represent the Edrington Group-owned brand in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Nothern Emirates, Bahrain, Qatar, Oman, Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Israel, Egypt, Morocco and Tunis. Previously, FIX's deal with Edrington, which has been in place for three years, only covered the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region.
Distribution of Cutty Sark across the Gulf region was previously handled by an unspecified agent, a spokesperson for FIX said.
The spokesperson added: “FIX provides The Edrington Group with a strong and dedicated platform to grow their brands in the region. Taking on board the brand on a larger perimeter is really exciting for us.”
Edrington acquired Cutty Sark from Berry Bros & Rudd (BB&R) in 2010, with The Glenrothes single malt brand heading in the opposite direction.
Remy Cointreau's possible acquisition of Scotch whisky producer Bruichladdich is strategically positive for the French firm, but unlikley to make a big difference to its bottom-line, an analyst has ar...
William Grant & Sons has appointed André de Almeida to the role of director Europe travel retail....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer