RUSSIA: Five-filtered vodka launched
Russian consultancy Stas Marketing Partners and Croatia's Adriatic Distillers have joined forces to create a premium vodka brand destined for Central and Eastern Europe.
The vodka's brand name, Akvinta, is a rough latin acronym for aqua (water), vino (wine), and quinta (five). The 'five' concept derives from a five-filter process with five components and, in a marketing ploy by Stas, the opportunity to "enjoy with the five senses".
The spirit will be launched next month in the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Austria and Italy, and uses pure waters of rural Croatian mountain idyll, Imotski.
Adriatic Distillers CEO Pavel Ryabov said: "The expertise and creative approach of Stas Marketing Partners has been central to developing an outstanding product that reflects our key corporate values of excellence and enjoyment."
Adriatic Distillers is aiming for a 3% share of the total Eastern European vodka market, with Stas Marketing Partners to support the brand as operational consultant.
Andrei Stas, founder and managing partner of Stas Marketing Partners, said: "The upturn in the premium vodka market coupled with Akvinta's fresh image of clarity and craftsmanship promises a strong foundation for the success of our latest brand."
Drinks Americas Holdings has lined up a range of Italian wines for the US....
Drinks Americas Holdings has brought forward the launch of its super-premium vodka Trump in the state of Illinois....
Blavod Extreme Spirits has posted a sound set of first-half results with a leap in sales helping to narrow losses....
India's UB Group looks to be closing in on the acquisition of UK spirits group Whyte & Mackay after months of negotiations....
Polmos Lublin has warned that its profits for this year will come in below its initial forecasts....
Russian Standard has snapped up the Internet domain name vodka.com for US$3m....
Asahi Breweries is targeting a slight increase on its forecast sales volumes for next year....
The Swedish government has confirmed that it is planning to sell off V&S Group, the owner of Absolut vodka. The centre-right government, which came to power in September, officially announced today (1...
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future