FRANCE: Fitou joins Sud de France wine brand
Fitou, the small wine appellation in southern France, is set to enter the Sud de France umbrella brand in a bid to improve the region's presence in foreign markets.
Fitou, which claims to be Languedoc's oldest wine appellation, announced this week that it has been officially recognised by the region's Sud de France brand.
Sud de France, formed as a concept more than two years ago but only officially launched outside of France this year, is designed to group together AOC wine areas from both Languedoc and Roussillon, in an attempt to improve the region's presence in international wine markets.
Winemakers and wine co-operatives in Languedoc Roussillon have been some of the worst hit by France's recent slide in wine export markets, a slip compounded by a fall in domestic consumption.
A split of opinion in Fitou originally saw the appellation opt out of Sud de France, amid fears it would lose its identity.
Katie Jones, UK sales and marketing director for the Mont Tauch co-operative in Fitou, said yesterday (12 August): "We are very pleased to have now been officially accepted under the Sud de France umbrella, and are looking forward to the increased promotional opportunities that this move will offer the appellation."
Tax hikes have taken centre stage in discussions between the alcohol industry and several national and state governments around the world over the last year. Michelle Russell reports on a global trend...
Generic wine trade body Provence Wines (CIVP) has confirmed the appointment of a new marketing director....
France's parliament has finalised a new wine and spirits tax that will add around EUR0.7 to a bottle of wine and increase spirits prices by 23%....
Wine union Vignerons des Côtes du Rhône, best known for its Cellier des Dauphins brand, is to merge with its smaller counterpart, Vignerons de l'Enclave des Papes....
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- Pernod Ricard Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Why Vietnam is the next beer battleground
- Brown-Forman Q1 2017 results - Preview
- CEO Paul Schaafsma set to leave Accolade Wines
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- ASA bans Diageo's Captain Morgan UK ad
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review