US: Fitness guru flies Skinny Water flag
Skinny Nutritional Corp., the global marketer and distributor of the Skinny Water brand, has teamed up with Philadelphia entrepreneur and fitness guru Pat Croce.
The company said today (19 March) that "Croce is making a significant investment in the company, taking a seat on the newly formed board of advisors, and endorsing Skinny Water as the company's national spokesperson".
In his new role, Croce will jointly develop a new 'high-energy' Skinny Water which will not include any calories, carbohydrates, preservatives or sugar. The energy water is set to debut in May, the company said.
Croce said: "I'm investing in healthy living and the fight against obesity. I believe Skinny Water can make a significant impact on this battle by countering the high-sugar beverages and their detrimental effects on weight control and glycemic response. Skinny Water is the next-generation, no-calorie beverage that fulfills the body's hydration requirement while infusing vitamins and antioxidants. Plus, it tastes great and reduces your appetite."
Croce has previously worked as a physical therapist, a conditioning coach for the Philadelphia Flyers and Philadelphia 76ers for over a decade and founder of Sports Physical Therapists. Croce became the president of the Philadelphia 76ers in 1996 and since that time has become both a television commentator and a self-help book author.
Skinny Nutritional Corp. President and CEO Don McDonald added: "Pat's enthusiasm for Skinny Water is truly contagious and we believe that he will be able to reach millions of consumers with his passion for Skinny Water and its hydration and health benefits. His background in fitness and nutrition will be invaluable to our company moving forward as the leading beverage company of appetite suppressant and functional waters."
Skinny Water retails at US$5.99 for a six-pack and is available at Target stores across the US.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future