US: First soy-based alcoholic drink to launch
Chicago-based drinks company Sovereign Brands LLC has created what is says is the world's first alcoholic beverage distilled from soy. Called 3 Vodka, this super premium vodka took three years to develop by father and sons team Brian, Brett and Barry Barish.
However, a pending patent, has kept the manufacturing and distillation process a secret with only "soy isolates" being declared as a key ingredient; they are broken down into a liquid concentrate that that is combined with fermented grains to make the finished product.
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends