HUNGARY: First quarter pre tax profits down by 2% at Zwack
Hungarian drinks group, Zwack Unicum Rt, posted a pre-tax profit of HUF483m (US$1.7m) for the first quarter of 2002, 1.81% below last year's figure, in spite of a 9% increase in revenue. The decline in profit was attributed chiefly to a 25% increase in other operating costs due to a major Easter marketing campaign and a financial loss. Gross sales at the company, famous for its Unicum bitters brand, increased by 8.88% to HUF5.25 billion. Exports rose by 3.9% to HUF188m, accounting for around 3.6% of total sales.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- The new Johnnie Walker ad and today's consumers
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- Scotch whisky sees sales turn corner - SWA head
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research