HUNGARY: First quarter pre tax profits down by 2% at Zwack
Hungarian drinks group, Zwack Unicum Rt, posted a pre-tax profit of HUF483m (US$1.7m) for the first quarter of 2002, 1.81% below last year's figure, in spite of a 9% increase in revenue. The decline in profit was attributed chiefly to a 25% increase in other operating costs due to a major Easter marketing campaign and a financial loss. Gross sales at the company, famous for its Unicum bitters brand, increased by 8.88% to HUF5.25 billion. Exports rose by 3.9% to HUF188m, accounting for around 3.6% of total sales.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- Focus - SABMiller's Q1 Performance by Region
- Brazil could have been worse - Coca-Cola Co CEO
- just Five Years Ago: A-B InBev sells Oriental
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Alcohol retailer group appoints new chairman