HUNGARY: First quarter pre tax profits down by 2% at Zwack
Hungarian drinks group, Zwack Unicum Rt, posted a pre-tax profit of HUF483m (US$1.7m) for the first quarter of 2002, 1.81% below last year's figure, in spite of a 9% increase in revenue. The decline in profit was attributed chiefly to a 25% increase in other operating costs due to a major Easter marketing campaign and a financial loss. Gross sales at the company, famous for its Unicum bitters brand, increased by 8.88% to HUF5.25 billion. Exports rose by 3.9% to HUF188m, accounting for around 3.6% of total sales.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk