HUNGARY: First quarter pre tax profits down by 2% at Zwack
Hungarian drinks group, Zwack Unicum Rt, posted a pre-tax profit of HUF483m (US$1.7m) for the first quarter of 2002, 1.81% below last year's figure, in spite of a 9% increase in revenue. The decline in profit was attributed chiefly to a 25% increase in other operating costs due to a major Easter marketing campaign and a financial loss. Gross sales at the company, famous for its Unicum bitters brand, increased by 8.88% to HUF5.25 billion. Exports rose by 3.9% to HUF188m, accounting for around 3.6% of total sales.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends