FRANCE: First half wine and spirits exports drop
French exports of wine and spirits dipped in the first half of this year, according to press reports. Le Figaro said yesterday that wine and spirits exports fell in value by 1.9% to €3.4 bln.
The value of international sales of Bordeaux wines fell by a massive 26%, the newspaper noted, with an 11% decrease in volume.
Champagne exports increased, however, by 14.2% in value and by 9.2% in volume.
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Will low-alcohol wines wither on the vine?
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker hit by Travel Retail slump
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints new AmBev CEO
- Quintessential Brands changes MD at Essential unit