US: First female chairman for beer trade body
The National Beer Wholesalers Association has elected its first female chairman.
The US trade organisation, which represents around 1,900 independent beer distributors throughout the country, said yesterday (18 September) that Betty Buck will assume the mantle from Phillip Short, who has completed his tenure as chairman.
Buck is the president and owner of Buck Distributing, one of the largest Miller distributors in the Mid Atlantic area of the US. She has served on NBWA's board of directors since 2000. Throughout the 2005-2006 term, she served as the association's vice chair. She has also served as the NBWA secretary and treasurer as well as chair of the education and political action committees.
Short, president of P.A. Short Distributing in Virginia, has completed what the NBWA described as "an enormously successful" term as chairman and will begin his service as 2006-2007 immediate past chair for the association.
At the same time, the organisation has elected Aldo Madrigrano, president of W.O.W. Distributing in Wisconsin, as vice chair and Phillip Terry, CEO of Monarch Beverage in Indianapolis, as treasurer. Mitch Watkins, president of Watkins Distributing, Sales and Service has also been named secretary.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Can fruit cider survive UK slowdown? - Focus
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Beam Suntory rolls out Larios gin range to UK
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends