UK: First Fairtrade smoothie launched
Natural Beverage Company has launched the first smoothie bearing the Fairtrade symbol in the UK.
Called Fruit Hit, the smoothie is produced using cold aseptic technology that gives the product a six-month shelf life.
There are three flavours in the range - mango and Orange, pineapple & passion fruit and blueberry blend - with no added sugars, preservatives, colours or flavourings. The drinks come in 330ml clear PET bottles.
Each smoothie gives two of the UK government's recommended five-a-day portions.
Fairtrade fruit is sourced through Agrofair. Bananas come from Ecuador, pineapples from Costa Rica, mangoes from Peru and oranges from Argentina.
Sectors: Soft drinks
The fact that bad news travels faster than good, and is certainly more likely to make the headlines, is not lost on UK soft drinks companies, so it is somewhat surprising that the British Soft Drinks ...
The biennial IFE trade show in London has over the years been the initial launch pad for many successful brands and heralded numerous mainstream trends in the soft drinks sector. Annette Farr visited ...
Since their introduction 30 years ago, the use of PET bottles has expanded hugely in the soft drinks market, writes Richard Corbett of industry analysts Canadean. But challenges remain, not least boos...
Heaven Hill Distilleries is to expand another of its facilities in the US....
Coca-Cola Içecek has rebranded one of its HOD waters....
US soft drinks group Fuze Beverage has updated the look of its bottles for its domestic market....
Coca-Cola North America has added two additions to its Minute Maid offering in the US....
Innocent is investing GBP1m (US$1.9m) in rebranding its Juicy Water drink as This Water....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends