UK: First Drinks to launch Disaronno summer push
Disaronno gets GBP3m push
Italian liqueur Disaronno will receive its first summer marketing campaign in the UK as distributor First Drinks looks to broaden the brand's appeal.
First Drinks will launch a GBP3m (US$4.6m) promotion for Disaronno in 2010, doubling annual media spend on the brand via a campaign entitled "Open the Possibilities".
Rising demand for the Italian liqueur, which has a secret recipe, has prompted the advertising drive.
"This is a really exciting move for us as we have traditionally only advertised at Christmas," said Mark Collins, senior brand manager for Disaronno at First Drinks, which is the UK distributor arm of William Grant & Sons.
An initial television campaign, beginning next month, will emphasise Disaronno's flexibility for all drinking occasions. A second wave of adverts later in the summer months will focus on Disaronno's potential in simple cocktails, such as Disaronno Sour, Disaronno Cranberry, Disaronno OJ and Disaronno Ginger.
"Our long-term goal is to maintain the impetus behind the brand and deliver consistent and sustainable growth," said Collins.
"By heavily investing in new advertising across the year, not just at Christmas, we hope to further build on our incredibly strong sales momentum.”
Disaronno is owned by the Italian firm Illva Saronno, which acquired the Tia Maria coffee liqueur brand from Pernod Ricard last year.
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is single malt the Great White Hope for Scotch?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US