UK: First Drinks to distribute Tia Maria
First Drinks has signed a deal for the UK distribution rights for Tia Maria.
The non-cream liqueur will enter the company's portfolio on 1 October, the company said today (10 September), following Illva Saronno's acquisition of the brand from Pernod Ricard in July.
The development further cements First Drinks' relationship with Illva Saronno, who together have grown Disaronno in the UK to the number two brand since its introduction in 2000, the company said.
"We are extremely pleased to take the classic coffee liqueur Tia Maria, which is worth GBP43.8m (US$72.5m), into our portfolio of premium brands," said Chris Mason, managing director of First Drinks. "We already enjoy a strong relationship with Illva Saronno, as evidenced by Disaronno's success as the fastest growing non-cream liqueur, and it gives us great satisfaction to extend this already strong partnership with welcoming Tia Maria on board."
Pernod Ricard sold the brand to the Italian wine and spirits firm for EUR125m in July.
As part of the deal, Pernod's Chivas Brothers division now produce Tia Maria for Illva Saronno, while "arrangements were made for short term transitional distribution services to be provided by Pernod Ricard affiliates", the company said at the time.
Pernod Ricard's share price has edged up after a set of resilient half-year results, but it all hangs on the next six months....
Pernod Ricard has won a court ruling to protect the image of its Malibu flavoured rum brand, including its signature opaque white bottle, in the US....
Organisers of the London International Wine Fair have said that they remain confident for 2010, despite withdrawals of several high-profile wine companies, including Constellation Brands and E&J Gallo...
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- How has craft beer put the squeeze on world beers?
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Consumers want brands that challenge them - study
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Heineken signs JV deal in Philippines
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends