UK: First Drinks’ Piper-Heidsieck takes prime spot for Regatta
From 1-5 July, Piper-Heidsieck will have positioning at the Phyllis Court Club, which sits on the finish line of the rowing event, First Drinks said yesterday (18 June).
Victor Lanson, marketing head for Champagne at First Drinks, said: "We are thrilled to be involved with Phyllis Court Club this year. Henley is widely regarded as the most premier rowing regatta in the world and is a key highlight in the traditional English social calendar.
"Associating ourselves with prestige events such as Henley and the Hurlingham Polo provides us with an ideal platform from which to promote the brands and their premium, quality credentials."
The Heidsieck brands recently sponsored the World Polo Series 'Polo in the Park' in London's Hurlingham Park. The deal saw Charles Heidsieck branding shown on the polo pitch and in all VIP areas, with Piper-Heidsieck served in all public bars.
We all know that Diageo and Pernod Ricard have held all before them in the spirits sector for a number of years. But a new report from Rabobank has shed light on how they have done it, and what the re...
Publicly listed French companies like Pernod Ricard and Remy Cointreau may have to ensure equal numbers of men and women on their boards of directors, under a proposed new law....
Remy Cointreau has reported a fall in half-year earnings, but operating profits and sales were boosted by higher sales of high-end Cognac in China....
William Grant & Sons, owner of Grant's Scotch whisky, has reported a strong sales rise for 2008, but warned of deteriorating fortunes for Scotch in 2009....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Russian Standard has sealed its first global partnership, with Rémy Cointreau Global Travel Retail, to cover the duty free channel....
The duty-free industry's most important annual trade show, the Tax Free World Association (TFWA) World Exhibition, celebrates its 25th anniversary in Cannes next week. This US$37bn global business has...
Plummeting Champagne sales in the global economic downturn offset a recovery in Cognac and dented Rémy Cointreau's net sales in its fiscal half-year....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends