BAHAMAS: First Bacardi store opens in Nassau
The first Bacardi Store has opened on Bay Street in downtown Nassau, Bahamas yesterday (31 July).
The concept store, owned and operated by the Bacardi Nassau-based distributor Bristol Group of Companies, features the Bacardi portfolio of products at duty-free prices and branded accessories.
The opening featured the international launch of Bacardi Reserva Limitada, produced in Puerto Rico.
"For many years, I have dreamed of being an active participant in the revitalisation of Nassau and in particular Bay Street," said Juan Bacardi, owner of Bristol Group of Companies. "I am very excited to lead the charge of the revitalisation of the Bay Street business and tourist districts with such a high-end offering. With the clout of the Bacardi name and its international appeal, we're confident this store will serve as a 'gateway' to the east end of Bay Street."
Other products in the Bacardi portfolio, including Grey Goose vodka, Bombay Sapphire gin, Dewar's Scotch whisky and Cazadores Tequila, will also be available in the store.
The two-storey, 3,300 square feet themed retail outlet will be open six days a week from 9am until 6pm and managed by Bahamian-owned and operated Bristol, the Bahamian distributor of Bacardi rums.
Tax hikes have taken centre stage in discussions between the alcohol industry and several national and state governments around the world over the last year. Michelle Russell reports on a global trend...
January may be the time to look forward to the coming year but few in the drinks industry will be eyeing the coming year with relish. However, given the pessimistic tone of virtually every market and ...
Fortune Brands chief executive Bruce Carbonari has said he remains confident that the group's spirits arm, Beam Global Spirits & Wine, can ride out recession, despite a tumble in sales and profit....
California based wine and spirit company, Access Beverage has signed a letter of intent for the purchase of a 50% stake in European vodka company, Diamond Wodka....
Drinks Americas has appointed two executives to its sales and marketing team....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Sweden-based distributor Nigab is to handle Foster's wine brands in the Nordic duty-free and travel retail sectors....
Russian Standard has said that its vodka will be distributed in Greece by Amvyx, the spirits distributor that this week severed ties with Pernod Ricard brands, including Absolut....
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Why has Heineken made a Formula 1 U-turn?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends