FINLAND: Finn Spring to open EU distribution centre
Finnish bottled water producer Finn Spring is set to open a European distribution centre in the Netherlands as part of its plan to expand its business throughout the EU.
Finn Spring, which accounts for 70% of sales of natural spring water in Finland, is looking to increase sales throughout Europe after building a healthy export business in Scandinavia and parts of Russia.
Export manager Ossi Peltoniemi said today (3 January): "The new European distribution centre in Amsterdam will provide us with excellent distribution channels within the EU in 24, 48 or 72 hours deliveries."
Finn Spring produces 60m litres of spring water a year, dominating a category in Finland where its nearest rivals are Kivisto and Hartwall.
Peltoniemi added that the company would also look at doubling its bottling capacity throughout the year.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- Boom time for soft drinks in West Europe?
- Patron's lesson for the broader spirits sector
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Rum "yet to maximise" GTR potential - Bacardi
- Diageo names Javier Ferran as new chairman
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Keurig Green Mountain in Hot Drinks (World)
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends