US: Finlandia scores as James Bond's latest partner
James Bond purists may be shaken by the news, but 007 is to change his brand of vodka for the forthcoming film Die Another Day. In something of a coup Brown-Forman's Finlandia Vodka brand has signed a seven-figure deal, which partners the brand with the new film.
Although Bond will not actually ask for a Finlandia directly " he does order a vodka martini and it is Finlandia," said Scott Reid, global marketing director for the brand. "One of the great scenes in the movie features an ice bar and the whole bar is stocked exclusively with Finlandia vodka."
Brown-Forman isn't paying directly for the product placement, but it has agreed to spend additional money on advertising and promotions connected to the movie.
"This is a great opportunity for Finlandia Vodka. James Bond is only associated with the best things in life: the best cars, the best women, and the best vodka," said Reid.
Finlandia will be involved in an array of activites leading up to the flim to promote the partnership. There will be point-of-sale materials, print ads, billboards and posters tying up the 007 logo and the movie title.
Brown-Forman has signed its first Southern Hemisphere wine....
Brown-Forman has announced the next step in its succession plan....
US wine and spirits group, Brown-Forman, has announced a quarterly cash dividend of 24.50 cents per share on Class A and Class B Common Stock, following a board meeting....
Brown-Forman has reported earnings growth of 21% for its fiscal year to 30 April....
The US wines and spirits company, Brown-Forman, has launched its vodka brand, Finlandia, in India. Along with the core brand, three flavoured versions of Finlandia are also to be made available on the...
A bidding war for Allied Domecq looks more likely after Constellation Brands confirmed yesterday that it has approached the Bristol-based spirits company about launching a bid to rival that of Pernod ...
The likelihood of Pernod Ricard remaining the sole bidder for Allied Domecq has reduced over the last two days....
A host of drinks companies spent the weekend mulling over whether to launch counter-bids for Allied Domecq, according to press reports over the last few days....
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research