EUR: Finland, Estonia to discuss Internet sales
Finland is looking to discuss Internet alcohol sales from Estonia with its neighbouring country.
Estonian online merchants are offering overnight delivery of wine and spirits to Finland at prices up to 40% lower than Finnish prices.
Eero Heinaluoma, the Finnish Minister of Finance, said today (16 February) that the Government is "opposed to the operations of the Internet drink sales companies", and plans to discuss the feasibility of introducing legislation with the Estonian government.
Since 2004, Finland's National Product Control Agency for Welfare and Health (STTV) has confiscated 200,000 litres of alcoholic beverages ordered by Finns from Estonian online merchants.
Premiumisation, health concerns and demographic shifts are likely to be among the key factors influencing the strategies of beverage alcohol companies over the next five years, according to a report f...
Almost three-quarters of UK wine consumers are unaware of how many units of alcohol a bottle of wine contains, according to recent research....
The Distilled Spirits Industry Council of Australia (DSICA) has issued a statement distancing the industry from statements appearing in the media recently attributed to an "industry insider", which su...
The US drinks industry has been given a pat on the back for curbing the level of alcohol advertising which is viewed by the country's youth....
Kirin Holdings, the umbrella company to Kirin Brewery, has posted a slide in net profit for the first half of 2007....
The drinks industry has come under attack in the US for supposedly using energy drinks to mask the effect of alcohol....
Cognac production will increase 27% this year, according to figures from the Bureau National Interprofessionnel du Cognac (BNIC)....
A new rule, requiring alcoholic content and nutritional information to be added on all alcoholic drink packaging, has been proposed by the US Treasury Department....
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review