COLOMBIA: Final Bavaria investors ponder SABMiller offer
The London-listed brewing giant has offered to buy out around 27,000 retail shareholders who own a combined 2.3% of Bavaria, an SABMiller spokesman said today (9 May). "We are hoping that the offer will mop up some of the remaining shareholders," he added.
In December, SABMiller bought 25.19% of Bavaria shares listed on the Colombian Stock Exchange, increasing its interest in the brewer to just under 97%.
Last July, SABMiller paid US$4.8bn to Bavaria's owners, the Santo Domingo family, for a 71.8% stake in the company.
Major brewing groups are clamouring to get into India, which, by dint of its young population, expanding economy and rising personal disposable income offers huge growth potential. International group...
South Africa's major supplier of carbon dioxide gas has played down fears among the country's drinks industry that the acute shortage of CO2 will be long-lasting....
Anheuser-Busch has said it hopes to capitalise on the trend for low-carb products in Australia with the launch of Michelob Ultra....
A province in Colombia has frozen US$75m in bank accounts held by the country's largest brewer Bavaria after a court found the company owed up to $800,000 in tax....
SABMiller plans to focus on growing its four international premium beer brands in the UK despite seeing sales of Polish brand Tyskie soar in the market in the last 12 months....
Chinese brewer Tsingtao has seen higher beer sales push up earnings during its third quarter....
SABMiller would not be drawn on media speculation suggesting a deal to buy Mohan Meakins is on the horizon....
Asia Pacific Breweries, the Singapore-based brewer and Asian partner of Heineken, has refused to be drawn on reports that it is in talks to take control of another brewer in India....
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Remy Cointreau's YTD performance - Focus
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- AB InBev targets South Africa with redundancy plan
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater 24 packaging revamp
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends