COLOMBIA: Final Bavaria investors ponder SABMiller offer
The London-listed brewing giant has offered to buy out around 27,000 retail shareholders who own a combined 2.3% of Bavaria, an SABMiller spokesman said today (9 May). "We are hoping that the offer will mop up some of the remaining shareholders," he added.
In December, SABMiller bought 25.19% of Bavaria shares listed on the Colombian Stock Exchange, increasing its interest in the brewer to just under 97%.
Last July, SABMiller paid US$4.8bn to Bavaria's owners, the Santo Domingo family, for a 71.8% stake in the company.
Major brewing groups are clamouring to get into India, which, by dint of its young population, expanding economy and rising personal disposable income offers huge growth potential. International group...
South Africa's major supplier of carbon dioxide gas has played down fears among the country's drinks industry that the acute shortage of CO2 will be long-lasting....
Anheuser-Busch has said it hopes to capitalise on the trend for low-carb products in Australia with the launch of Michelob Ultra....
A province in Colombia has frozen US$75m in bank accounts held by the country's largest brewer Bavaria after a court found the company owed up to $800,000 in tax....
SABMiller plans to focus on growing its four international premium beer brands in the UK despite seeing sales of Polish brand Tyskie soar in the market in the last 12 months....
Chinese brewer Tsingtao has seen higher beer sales push up earnings during its third quarter....
SABMiller would not be drawn on media speculation suggesting a deal to buy Mohan Meakins is on the horizon....
Asia Pacific Breweries, the Singapore-based brewer and Asian partner of Heineken, has refused to be drawn on reports that it is in talks to take control of another brewer in India....
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- just the Ten - Editor's Viewpoints of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future