US: Fiji Water acquires Justin Vineyards & Winery
Fiji Water has purchased California-based Justin Vineyards & Winery for an undisclosed sum
Roll International, the parent company of Fiji Water, has purchased California-based Justin Vineyards & Winery for an undisclosed sum.
The US-based bottled water company said that it plans to maintain the operations of Justin Vineyards & Winery in its current location of Paso Robles, California. Owners Justin and Deborah Baldwin will also stay on and work with senior executives to "increase production and distribution in upcoming years", it said today (6 December).
Fred Holloway, vice president, director of production and winemaking for Justin Vineyards, will also continue in his current capacity.
"Fiji Water and Justin Vineyards & Winery are both industry leaders with super premium products, strong branding and state-of-the-art operations with a dedication to unprecedented quality," said John Cochran, president and COO, Fiji Water. "Justin's winemaking knowledge and exceptional team coupled with Fiji Water's outstanding global sales force, offers an opportunity to carefully achieve mutual growth and success for both brands."
Fiji Water last month performed a swift u-turn by announcing that it will reopen its production plant in Fiji and acquiesce to a new tax on its operations. The news marked a speedy reversal from Fiji Water's earlier decision to shut down operations, a move that could have effectively seen the company cease to exist.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages