US: FIFCO appoints ex-Brown Forman exec as North American Breweries CEO
Florida Ice & Farm Co (FIFCO) has appointed a former Brown-Forman chief marketing officer to lead its North American Breweries (NAB) unit.
Kris Sirchio, who left Brown-Forman in December 2012 after three years with the group, will take up the role of CEO at the brewer on Monday (14 April), Costa Rica-based FIFCO said today. He replaces Rich Lozyniak who quit as CEO of NAB at the end of last month.
Sirchio will be responsible for all elements of NAB, including its brewery operations, alehouses, and sales and marketing efforts, the company said. Prior to his role at Brown-Forman, Sirchio spent 13 years at Procter & Gamble.
“Kris is a strong executive leader with globally recognised expertise in general management, marketing, brand strategy and consumer insights,” said Ramón Mendiola, FlFCO's CEO.
NAB, based in Rochester, New York, owns and operates five US breweries and six retail locations in New York, Vermont, California, Oregon and Washington. Its brands include Genesee, Dundee and Honey Brown. The firm also has the exclusive US rights to the Labatt porfolio. NAB also contract brews beer and malt beverages.
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"