US: Fetzer ups environmental credentials
Fetzer Vineyards is installing a solar power system at its Californian headquarters.
The Brown-Forman-owned winemaker will start construction next month on the system, which, it is hoped, will provide 1.1m kilowatt hours of electricity a year.
"It fits in with everything we do here," said Susanne Zechiel, Fetzer Vineyard's manager of facility resources. "After the new panels are built, we will have enough energy being generated to produce 80% of the bottling plant's electricity needs."
In 1999, Fetzer installed its first run of solar panels, which produced energy for the administration building. The new panels will cover the roof of the bottling facility and 'barrel room'.
The Swedish government has confirmed that it is planning to sell off V&S Group, the owner of Absolut vodka. The centre-right government, which came to power in September, officially announced today (1...
The chairman of Rémy Cointreau has insisted the French Champagne and spirits group is "not a takeover target"....
Brown-Forman has received a ratings boost from an analyst in the US....
Bacardi has appointed Jeff McDonald as global brand director for its eponymous brand....
Brown-Forman is launching its latest UK television push for Southern Comfort as part of a GBP1.25m (US$2.47m) marketing campaign leading up to Christmas....
Brown-Forman has reported double-digit growth in earnings per share in its second quarter, as the company continued to reap the rewards of strong growth from both its leading brands, particularly Jack...
Anheuser-Busch has seen its sales and earnings rebound during the first nine months of the year compared to 2005, despite slow volume growth across the industry....
The advisory board of the London International Wine & Spirits Fair has added to its numbers....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- A Keeper of the Quaich writes - Editor's Viewpoint
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends