US: Fetzer set to launch Mendocino label
Brown-Forman's Fetzer Vineyards is set to launch ultra-premium wine Fetzer Coro Mendocino at next week's Wine Institute of California tasting in London.
The wine is a result of a collaborative project by Mendocino winemakers to create a series of ultra-premium wines from the area - along the lines of a French AOC.
Fetzer's Coro Mendocino 2002 is made up of 41% Zinfandel, 33% Syrah, 21% Petite Sirah and 5% Grenache and aged for 18 months in French oak barrels.
The criteria set under the scheme meant only fruit grown from Mendocino County, Northern California could be used. Zinfandel had to be the dominant varietal in the wine and make up from 40 to 70% of the blend.
Eight other wineries have released wines as part of the project, including Eaglepoint Ranch Winery, Golden Vineyards and Pacific Star Winery. All Coro wines have a recommended retail price of around GBP20 (US$34.94) a bottle.
Winegrowers on the southern slopes of Mount St Victoire, near Aix-en-Provence, are celebrating the creation of their own AOC....
Brown-Forman has announced the next step in its succession plan....
US wine and spirits group, Brown-Forman, has announced a quarterly cash dividend of 24.50 cents per share on Class A and Class B Common Stock, following a board meeting....
Brown-Forman has reported earnings growth of 21% for its fiscal year to 30 April....
The US wines and spirits company, Brown-Forman, has launched its vodka brand, Finlandia, in India. Along with the core brand, three flavoured versions of Finlandia are also to be made available on the...
A bidding war for Allied Domecq looks more likely after Constellation Brands confirmed yesterday that it has approached the Bristol-based spirits company about launching a bid to rival that of Pernod ...
The likelihood of Pernod Ricard remaining the sole bidder for Allied Domecq has reduced over the last two days....
A host of drinks companies spent the weekend mulling over whether to launch counter-bids for Allied Domecq, according to press reports over the last few days....
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Cognac is back - is Remy Cointreau ready?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World