US: Fetzer push forces Valley Oaks cuts
Brown-Forman is to close the hospitality site at its Valley Oaks vineyards in California as it looks to pump cash into marketing Fetzer in the US.
The closure, slated for 29 May, will lead to 70 jobs being axed. Brown-Forman Wines president David Dearie said yesterday (29 March) that the company had been forced to make an "extremely difficult" decision.
However, he added: "Reaching consumers more directly where they shop and make wine selections is key to Fetzer's future success." The company plans to build on increasing its retail presence in the US after seeing Fetzer's sales rise last year.
Brown-Forman will continue to farm grapes on its 105 acres of vineyards at Valley Oaks, the company added.
Brown-Forman has signed its first Southern Hemisphere wine....
Brown-Forman has announced the next step in its succession plan....
US wine and spirits group, Brown-Forman, has announced a quarterly cash dividend of 24.50 cents per share on Class A and Class B Common Stock, following a board meeting....
Brown-Forman has reported earnings growth of 21% for its fiscal year to 30 April....
The US wines and spirits company, Brown-Forman, has launched its vodka brand, Finlandia, in India. Along with the core brand, three flavoured versions of Finlandia are also to be made available on the...
A bidding war for Allied Domecq looks more likely after Constellation Brands confirmed yesterday that it has approached the Bristol-based spirits company about launching a bid to rival that of Pernod ...
The likelihood of Pernod Ricard remaining the sole bidder for Allied Domecq has reduced over the last two days....
A host of drinks companies spent the weekend mulling over whether to launch counter-bids for Allied Domecq, according to press reports over the last few days....
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's H1 & Q2
- Comment - Beer - What’s in a (Brand) Name?
- NPD: Alcohol Beverage “Mash-Ups” Fuel Innovation
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Britvic promotes GB marketing head to global post
- Sales, profits fall at Moet Hennessy in H1
- Molson Coors CEO to retire
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned