MEXICO: Femsa posts 14.5% drop in Q2 net profit
The result also came in below analysts' forecasts. A recent Reuters poll forecast a net profit of MXN1.079 billion.
Femsa's sales revenues increased by 36.1% to MXN19.125 billion, boosted by a two-month contribution from Panamerican Beverages (Panamco) which Femsa's soft drinks division, Coca-Cola Femsa, acquired in May. But the turnover figure was also below expectations, with the Reuters poll of analysts predicting turnover of MXN19.432 billion.
However, the company's operating profit rose by 17% to MXN3.328 billion, ahead of analysts' forecasts of MXN3.284 billion.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- What's on the M&A cards for San Miguel Brewery?
- Comment - Wine - Not on the List
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant & Sons boosts Travel Retail team
- First Drinks becomes William Grant UK
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp