MEXICO: Femsa lines up dividend payment, share buyback programme
Fomento Economico Mexicano (Femsa) has confirmed details of its latest dividend payment.
The Mexican drinks company said yesterday (22 March) that it intends to pay MXN0.48 per UBD share. The payment will be proposed to shareholders at a meeting on 22 April, the company said in a filing with the Mexican Stock Exchange.
Femsa also said that it is targeting share buybacks in 2008 to the tune of up to MXN3bn (US$280.8m).
Last month, the company, which operates a Coca-Cola bottling unit and a brewery arm in Mexico, said that net income in 2007 leapt by 21.1% on 2006, coming in at MXN11.94bn, as sales headed north, rising 8.4% to MXN147.56bn.
Operating profit also rose, by 6% to MXN19.57bn.
Colas may be the most popular type of soft drink in the world but they have historically been high in sugar, and are among the first products mentioned when rising obesity levels are being discussed. ...
Dutch brewer Heineken has appointed a new head for its Americas division....
Soft drinks makers in the US and Europe can stave off soaring input costs with higher prices and more innovation, a new report has claimed....
Coca-Cola FEMSA has said it plans to appeal against a fine imposed on the group this week for polluting land in Colombia....
PLB has given the packaging for Brazilian beer brand Palma Louca a revamp in the UK....
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated has posted a marked slide in profits for the first half of 2008....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week included news the world's number one wine group was to reduce its Australian footprint, Coca-Cola has acquired assets in Colombia and Diageo i...
Coca-Cola FEMSA has teamed up The Coca-Cola Company to acquire Agua Brisa from SABMiller's subsidiary in Colombia....
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research