MEXICO: FEMSA launches non-alcoholic beer - report
Mexican beverage group Fomento Economico Mexicano (FEMSA) has launched a non-alcoholic beer in the Mexican market, according to local reports.
The new beer, named Sol Cero, was produced through Femsa Cerveza in its plant in Guadalajara in Jalisco state, Latin America News Digest reported earlier this week. Sol Cero is the first non-alcoholic beer produced by the group and will be available from this week.
No-one was available for comment at FEMSA when contacted by just-drinks today (27 April).
The launch follows the recent decision by Heineken and FEMSA to extend their distribution agreement in the US. The two brewers confirmed this week that the existing three-year relationship, scheduled to expire at the end of this year, will now run until the end of 2017. Heineken will continue to be the exclusive importer, marketer and seller of the FEMSA's Dos Equis, Tecate, Tecate Light, Sol, Bohemia and Carta Blanca beer brands in the US.
The announcement earlier this week that Carlsberg and Heineken are discussing making a bid for Scottish & Newcastle came far too early for the two European brewers. With no bid having been actually ma...
Carlsberg and Heineken have defended their approach of Scottish & Newcastle as "a compelling proposition"....
Global brewers have stayed silent over their interest in the possible acquisition of Serbian brewery Pivara MB....
Coca-Cola FEMSA has posted a healthy set of third-quarter results with its domestic market providing operating income growth for the first quarter in over a year....
Carlsberg and Heineken have made their widely-anticipated move for Scottish & Newcastle....
The real "losers" in the battle between Carlsberg and Scottish & Newcastle over their Eastern European brewing joint venture will be the shareholders of both companies, according to today's (25 Octobe...
Scottish & Newcastle has claimed that it is now in a position to take full control of Baltic Beverages Holding, its Eastern European joint brewing venture with Carlsberg....
Scottish & Newcastle has launched a blistering attack on Carlsberg, following last week's announcement that the Danish brewer is in talks with Heineken to break up S&N....
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Heineken to cut jobs in global shake-up
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Heineken N.V. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly