MEXICO: FEMSA launches domestic FMB
FEMSA has confirmed that it is to launch a flavoured malt beverage in its domestic market.
The Mexican drinks group said earlier this week that it will launch Soul Citric nationally in 4,300 OXXO stores from 1 September. FEMSA will follow the OXXO launch with a broader release in Gudalajara, Monterrey and Toluca.
The 4.5% abv drink is made from malt and is flavoured with natural lemon and lime.
Soul Citric will be produced at the company's facility in Guadalajara and will be available in 355ml glass bottles in four-packs and 24-bottle packs, the company said.
"We have focused us strongly on the modernisation of our business," said Angel Abasolo, the company's director of marketing. "We have introduced sophisticated information systems that help us to learn and understand consumer preferences. Thanks to this, we can develop new beverages and strengthen our portfolio by offering them the products that they require."
FEMSA believes the FMB market in Mexico is worth US$200m and is growing at 8% a year.
The Coca-Cola Co. and its Latin American bottler have joined forces in a deal to buy Jugos del Valle, one of the continent's largest fruit juice producers....
AmBev will have to remove its Puerto del Sol brand from retail shelves in Brazil after losing a court battle with Latin American rival Fomento Economico Mexicano SA (Femsa)....
Efes Breweries International is to produce its most popular Russian beers at its plant in Moldova, the company said today (15 November)....
According to local reports in Brazil, Latin American beer force Femsa has invested BRL1m (US$500,000) in developing its brewery at Ponta Grossa in Paraná state, adding a new production line for 30-lit...
Mexican drinks group FEMSA has taken a majority stake in Latin American Coke bottler Coca-Cola FEMSA....
Coca-Cola FEMSA has resumed operations in Venezuela after protestors blockading the company's productions and distribution sites around the country "voluntarily" ended the dispute....
Coca-Cola FEMSA has seen its third quarter steady the ship after a worrying first half of the year....
Coca-Cola FEMSA has asked courts in Venezuela to prevent demonstrators protesting at its bottling and distribution plants around the country from blocking deliveries....
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Will South Africa Raise Drinking Age to 21?
- Focus - The Risks of Acquisitions
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Roust takes on Bushmills distribution in Russia
- Brown-Forman completes Kentucky acquisition
- Campari opens office in Canada
- Coca-Cola, A-B InBev express FIFA concerns
- A-B InBev cuts ribbon on Vietnam brewery
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review