US: Femsa files lawsuit against Interbrew
Beck's, ranked as the fourth best selling imported beer brand in the US, would compete with Femsa's own brand, Tecate, also in the Labatt portfolio.
Some observers have suggested this is an attempt by Femsa, which is 30%-owned by Interbrew through its Labatt subsidiary, to extricate itself from the Labatt distribution network in the US. Femsa - already a long way behind the other prime Mexican beer import, and the leading imported beer brand in the US, Corona - is thought to be concerned about being further squeezed in a competitive market place by the arrival of Beck's. Labatt USA also distributes Labatt Blue, the third best selling imported beer after Corona and Heineken. Interbrew is also committed to promoting its Stella Artois brand in the US.
Femsa would not comment on the case and Interbrew's spokesman, Corneel Maes, would only confirm that the case had been filed by Femsa but gave no further details.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
ING has raised its target for Heineken's share price after analysing the brewer's options to save costs....
Heineken's CEO-in-waiting has no plan to radically alter the brewer's strategy, he said in an interview today....
Heineken has restructured its top management, in a move that includes the retirement of current CEO and chairman Thony Ruys from October this year....
InBev has made an offer to acquire the remaining minority interests in its Russian business SUN Interbrew Ltd (SIL) that it doesn't own, at a price of US$33.41 in cash per security....
Heineken said yesterday that its Austrian subsidiary Brau Union AG has signed an agreement for the divestment of its Real Estate Division. This division comprises all non-business related real estate ...
Guinness is to become the new title sponsor of the UK's premiership rugby union competition. The agreement is valued at over £20m and the Zurich Premiership will be renamed at the end of the current s...
Heineken has acquired a 40% stake in a Chinese brewery....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report